Sound is an amazing thing. Every day, it is all around us just waiting to be recognized, appreciated, or created. The place you are in this second is unique. Take a moment. Get still. Listen deeply. There’s a cacophony out there waiting to be discovered. Don’t like what you hear? Open your eyes and your imagination– create your own sonority!
HOW TO RECORD & SUBMIT SOUND
We accept sounds as short video files from 4 to 7 seconds in length. You can submit them through our submission form.
FIRST – LISTEN
- Make sure there are no other competing sounds that will drown out the sound you’re intending to record.
- Are there unwanted noises that your mind is filtering out?
- Try to open your mind to all the sounds of your location.
SECOND – RECORD
- Too Windy? Protect the microphone with your hand by cupping it over the mic.
- Too loud? Put your thumb over the microphone.
- Place your hand behind the microphone so you can “catch” the sound.
- Avoid conversations.
- Avoid obvious radio play.
- Horizontal videos are best.
- Your video should be 3 to 4 seconds in length.
THIRD – PLAYBACK
- Be sure to listen back before you send the clip in.
- Make sure you have captured what you want.
FOURTH – SUBMIT
- Submit your sound/video clip.
- Get excited to see it at MapMusik’s unique showcases the next time we are out.
- Provide an email if you’d like to receive updates about when these Clips will be in a performance.